Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's not so bad...not bad at all!!

Well, I've done it...I've turned 30!
What's different now that I'm 30? Well.....let's see...I'm sure there's a gaggle of things that have changed overnight....let me get back to you on that one.

I have been completely spoiled. My work decorated my desk, there was plenty of '30' paraphanelia, I had a plethura of '30 sucks' suckers, I got a piggy bank for my 'face lift fund...for all those sagging assets...' it was great...my balloons are still floating and it's been a week! I should really post some pictures up here, my roomies took me to Charlie Chows for a mongolian feast, delicious! So Far - 30 is great! I think the best part is that no one believes I'm 30 - people I meet think I'm 24-26...which is fine with me...I wouldn't mind being 'twenty something' for a few more years.

I also got a mac laptop - the thing is tiny and beautiful...with it's silver finish.

Another year older, and Wiser and almost debt free....I spent my 20's in debt...literally. I SPENT my twenties, and my 20's.

So now that student loans, and my car, Jamaltima are all I have left to pay on (among other things)- it's time to start school again and get my degree. Enough of this foolishness, I'm older and realize the rewards that come with that piece of paper...plus, I never got to put on a cap and gown for my high school graduation. My parents need something to be proud of.

1 comment:

Todd and Kiersten said...

Is it not so bad that I forgot my birthday???? I didn't so much forget as I got side tracked and remembered and forgot right through it. I did think about you at the same time as giving baths and changing diapers and making dinner etc... I'm really sorry, but I do have something to say....HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Next year I will join your 30 club. Then it will be a blast!